This season of Advent is one that I have really come to enjoy in the church calendar. I came across a blog from Rachel Held Evans that has some reflection questions that are good for all of us to consider individually.
1. Why do I need a savior? Which areas of darkness are in need of light?
2. Why does the world need a savior? Which places of darkness are in need of light?
3. Which areas of my life require patience, waiting, and anticipation…and what can Advent teach me about perseverance in those areas?
4. How can I prepare myself, my home, and my family for the arrival of Jesus?
5. How can I create little pockets of peace during the busy holiday season?
My challenge to each of us is to consider these questions and reflect in our quiet time with God where we need to make changes in our lives.
~ Pastor Todd